Hello and Happy Friday!
It’s been a couple of weeks since I’ve done a TGIF post, in part because many people in the US took the one or both of the last two Fridays off. So it stood to reason that they probably were pretty good Fridays, right?
I hope everyone had a great holiday season, made reasonable choices in terms of eating and drinking (especially drinking and driving), and–if you are of the mind to do so–have made thoughtful, achievable resolutions for the new year.
I am committing to do the following this year, and results to date:
- Get back on my exercise program, going to the gym at least 3-4 times/week (achieved this so far)
- Eat more healthily (yeah, about that…but I’m working on it)
- Read a book a month (should be dead simple, but in recent years things with screens have taken far too much of my reading time)
- Blog more. I’ve lapsed a bit in the past two months owing to some other priorities; this will be my first week of 3 posts/week since October.
- Make time to learn something new professionally each week. Webinars, meetings, reading books/blogs/etc; at least 2 hours a week.
- Travel (First trip is coming up this weekend; need to book more though)
- Make time for the people that matter: My other half (first and foremost), friends, and family
I think that’s sufficient for now.
What are YOU planning to achieve/learn/accomplish in 2014?
Have a great weekend! I’m officially getting older, and have decided to celebrate by fleeing the state. (Kind of. I asked for an experience rather than more stuff–which our compact house doesn’t need. So thanks to my very thoughtful other half, Chris, away we go! I’m sitting at the airport as I post this, actually.)
Have a great weekend! See you next week.